The VBeam Perfecta Pulsed Dye Laser delivers an intense but painfully “gentle” burst of laser light. The light is absorbed by specific blood vessels to destroy them.
The VBeam Perfecta Pulsed Dye laser is used to treat a variety of skin problems, both vascular and non-vascular.
Vascular skin conditions
- Birth marks (port wine stains, hemangiomas)
- Rosacea (redness of face and neck)
- Broken capillaries and veins
- Red (new) scars
Non-vascular skin conditions
- Aging skin
- Brown spots (freckles)
The VBeam Perfecta Pulsed Dye Laser technology
- The yellow 585-595nm wavelength is absorbed by oxyhemoglobin in the vessels and melanin in the skin. Hence it can treat red and brown skin lesions while leaving surrounding skin intact.
- The VBeam Perfecta uses a micro-pulse technology, where 8 pulses closely mimic one continuous pulse to allow uniform delivery of laser energy. This allows for gentle heating and uniform coagulation to close blood vessels and reduce redness.
- The VBeam Perfecta laser uses a patented Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD), which sprays a cool mist onto the skin before the delivery of the laser. This protects the skin and also provides comfort for the patient.
The V-Beam Perfecta Pulse Dye Laser treatment procedure
- No anesthesia is needed. Sometimes, one might use local (topical) lidocaine.
- A protective laser eye shield is put on before the treatment.
- During the treatment, you will feel warmth and a sensation like a rubber band snap. Each pulse of the laser is delivered with a spray of cool (nitrogen) air.
- After the treatment, expect slight reddening at the treated area.
- For stronger conditions like keloids or port wine stains, there may be bruises which can last for 3-5 days or more.
If you want more information about The VBeam Perfecta Pulsed Dye Laser, please contact us or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org